EACH QUESTION NEEDS TO HAVE FOUR SENTENCES.
TEXTBOOK IS SOURCE FOR CULTURES OF THE WEST BY Clifford R. Backman
1. In what specific ways does Pericles see Athen as “the school for Hellas”?
2. How does Pericles argue that Athen’s cultural achievements result from its democratic political system?
3. How does the Persian Cyrus come to be enlisted as an agent of the Hebrew God’s?
4. What motivates the renewal of the Jews’ contract with God after their return with exile?
please describe your own philosophy regarding the nature of the mind-body relationship. You may refer to the following questions to help you structure your response:
- Do you think there is a relationship between the mind and the body? Why or why not? If so, what is the nature of this relationship?
- Describe the basis for your philosophy—do you have experiences that have led you to conceptualize the mind-body relationship in this way?
- Can you provide any real-life examples of an interaction between mind and body?
- Given your philosophy, what is the appropriate role of traditional Western biomedical versus alternative or holistic approaches to treatment model? Do you have any real-life experience with such approaches? Please explain.
DISCUSSION 3 write a 175 words
In your view, what characterizes a piece of writing as a poem? Is there any single element that a poem must have in order to be considered a poem? What characteristics distinguish a poem from prose? Why do you think that poetry can be more challenging for readers?