Your second case analysis will be using Case 08 on page C-101. The case is titled: “Cooper Tire & Rubber Company in 2014: Competing in a Highly Competitive Market for Replacement Tires.” After reading the case, answer the following:
1. What do you see as the key success factors in the global automotive tire industry?
2. What are the primary components of Cooper Tire’s value chain?
3. Which one of the five generic competitive strategies discussed in Chapter 5 most closely approximates the competitive approach that Cooper Tire is employing? Explain your answer.
4. Is Cooper Tire?s international strategy best characterized as a multi-domestic strategy, global strategy, or transnational strategy? Explain your answer.
5. From a global scope perspective, how was Cooper Tire?s business strategy choices strengthened or weakened its competitive position in the automotive tire industry?
6. What 3-4 top priority issues do CEO Roy Armes and Cooper Tire management need to address? Why? What recommendations would you make to Cooper Tire CEO Roy Armes?