Many people emigrate to Australia every year. According to a survey, over 150,000 people emigrated from the UK to Australia or New Zealand in 2008. First you will need to find out whether you are eligible for a visa. There are a number of visas you can get to allow you to emigrate to Australia.

Broadly, the visas fall into the following categories:

o Skilled migrants

o Entrepreneurs and business people

o Investors

o Family sponsorship

o Working holidays

Skilled migrants

Skilled migrant visas fall into three categories: independent, sponsored and regional sponsored.

If you are a skilled tradesperson, for example an electrician, plumber, builder or the visa option for you is probably the skilled migrant route. Similarly, if you are trained in the medical profession or are in middle or senior management, finance or IT then you may be eligible for the skilled migrant route.

Eligibility will be judged against the Australian Skilled Occupation List (SOL), which is a points system based on the occupations that are needed in Australia.

Entrepreneurs and business people

If you are looking to buy or start a business in Australia and have at least two years experience in running a business, or you would like to invest a substantial amount in purchasing a business, then the route for you is Business Investment.

The Business Skills Program is divided into four categories:

o Business owner – for owners or part-owners of a business

o Senior executive – for senior executive employees of major businesses

o Investor – for investors/business people willing to invest in Australia

o Business talent – for high-calibre business people who have sponsorship from a State/Territory government

Family sponsorship

If you have family in Australia, depending on your circumstances, it may be possible for your family to sponsor you.

The following people can apply for family sponsorship to emigrate to Australia:

o Spouse/spouse-to-be/same-sex partner

o Child/orphan relative/adopted child

o Parent

o Other dependent family member

Working Holiday

Those aged between 18 and 29 who wish to work temporarily in Australia can apply for a working holiday visa. With this visa you can work for up to six months for an employer in Australia and you’ll need to do a minimum of three months’ agricultural work.



"Get 20% OFF on a Similar Assignment!! Place Your Order and Use this Coupon Code: SUPER20"

buy custom essays