Life Cycle Costing” Please respond to the following:
- From the first e-Activity, discuss at what point an administrator should decide when the product should be terminated during the life cycle analysis. Justify your response with reasons and an example.
- Discuss two to three (2-3) actions an administrator should review consistently to alleviate over budgeting for operating and maintenance costs of a capital project.
“Cost-Benefit Analysis” Please respond to the following:
- In a heavily debated City Council meeting, one year ago, Cobb County learned that by buying larger garbage trucks it could reduce labor cost for garbage removal. Note: All the dollar amounts below are in this year’s (present) dollars.
- The cost of the trucks today (one year later) is $400,000.
- The annual savings in this year’s dollars is $90,000.
- The trucks will last for four years and then will be sold for $100,000.
- The city can borrow money at a 7% discount rate to purchase the trucks.
- Inflation for the next four years is expected to average 3%.
- Assuming the cost and benefits are incurred at the end of the year, should the city buy the trucks?
Please respond to both in APA format.